Infrared heating still presents some doubts to new users. Here are some of the most relevant, frequently asked questions that we have answered throughout these years of activity.
For any clarification about the system or its installation, send us your inquiry and we will gladly assist you.
No. Since we are heating by infrared radiation, the amount of energy absorbed, and therefore the increase in temperature, depends on multiple parameters of the place under study.
For the estimate of a room, a series of data is required:
– On the one hand, it is essential to know in what climatic zone we are (in Spain there are five). But also the orientation of the house, or the level of insulation of it (although the influence of this factor is lower than in the case of other heating systems).
– On the other hand, it is also important to take into account data, such as the capacity of absorption, emission and reflection of the walls and floor, and objects of the room under study. These depend on the materials of which they are made and their colors.
All these data allow us to perfectly calculate and dimension your home, providing maximum comfort and energy savings. Our technical department is at your disposal to make the study of any project WITHOUT ANY COST.
Indeed, heat pumps are systems with a high calorific yield, in fact, are the ones with the highest performance, within convection heating systems.
The infrared heating system transmits heat by radiation and not by convection. This means that needs a lower installed power since it does not have to heat the environment of the room. That is precisely where the saving and efficiency of one system resides with respect to the other. Infrared heating needs less power to heat the same meters, so the performance, in this case, is not comparable.
When the outside temperature is below 5 ° C, heat pumps usually do not work properly due to the cooling of the compression gases, a problem that is not present in the plates.
The biggest difference is the comfort provided by each of the systems, in other words, the “quality” of the heat provided. In the case of infrared heating, the heat provided is extremely pleasant and healthy:
– It provides a very uniform temperature distribution in the room and does not dry out the environment or, therefore, the respiratory tract.
– In contrast, the heating systems by a heat pump, stratify much the air in the room, causing thermal differences that can be superior to 10ºC.: The hot air that produces has less density and it is accumulated in the ceiling, what produces an overwhelmed feeling, hot head, and cold feet. Moreover, heating systems by a heat pump are those that dry out the air the most, so, consequently, in many cases, the installation of humidifiers is necessary to achieve the desired comfort. This further increases the cost of installation and consumption.
Con la calefacción por infrarrojos, al no calentar aire sino materia, se puede ahorrar de tres maneras diferentes, sumándolas entre ellas:
– Al no calentar el aire y calentar solo la materia, paredes, suelos, muebles y personas, no almacena capas de aire caliente desde el techo hasta dos metros hacia el suelo, que es realmente donde vivimos. Además, al abrir una puerta o una ventana ese aire caliente se va y comienza de nuevo el proceso. Desde este punto de vista, el ahorro energético puede superar el 30%.
– Por la ley física de intercambio de calor. Nuestra placa no lleva ningún motor que pueda dar un gasto de energía cada vez que se enciende, por lo que cuando el habitáculo llega a la temperatura de confort de 21º, la placa se apaga. A partir de ahí, toda la materia que hay en la habitación suelta el calor acumulado para homogeneizar la temperatura, recuperando el 95% del calor emitido por esta. Lo interesante es que en una hora la placa se apague y se encienda, por ese intercambio de calor, muchas veces. Así, en lugar de estar encendida una hora, estará entre 40 y 50 minutos, según el aislamiento del habitáculo.
– Este sistema de calor consigue una sensación de confort térmico en la estancia en 5 ó 10 minutos. Por ello, sólo hay que tenerla encendida las horas y en los lugares donde estamos viviendo, mientras en el resto de las habitaciones puede estar apagada.
Not only it is not harmful, but it can be beneficial for health, as it is recognized by the World Health Organization.
– The infrared heating system does not dry out the environment, reduces the appearance of fungi and humidity and does not produce drafts. This is very beneficial for people with respiratory problems, asthma, allergies, etc.
– Infrared radiation improves cellular oxygenation and the circulatory system. Indirectly enhances the nervous system, reduces stress, chronic fatigue, muscle pain and diseases such as arthritis and rheumatism. It is also a therapy widely used in antioxidant and anti-aging treatments.
Despite being an electric heating system, we indicate that the infrared heating system is ecological due to four fundamental reasons:
– Since it is a low consumption system in relation to other heating systems, the amount of energy used is lower, which means that we are reducing the emissions of CO2 and other polluting gases into the atmosphere.
– The infrared heating plates do not have mobile or susceptible to wear parts, so it does not generate waste from defective or spare parts.
– For their operation, they do not need fuel, nor liquids, oils or thermal fluids, nor gases, as in heat pumps. All these compounds are contaminator items, either by breakdowns or by the end of the useful life of the device.
– On the one hand, the infrared heating plates have a longer life than other heating equipment. On the other hand, they are composed of recyclable materials for the major part, so the amount of waste generated is very small.
For all these reasons, we can affirm that it is the most ecological heating system that currently exists in the market.
The infrared heating plates can be installed on the wall, at a height of 180 cm from the floor, warning that they are losing 30% efficiency. The infrared rays open at a 45-degree angle, so placing the plates on the walls, we are partially warming the roof, and obviously, we do not live in it. If the client is aware of that and does not care about the loss of effectiveness, it is a very respectable decision.
The most effective place to place the plates is the roof, since, as the infrared beam is opened in 45 degrees, we heat the whole room, two meters down, which is where we live. In addition, the installation is much easier and simpler, because we would use the same installation that for the ceiling lamps (in the case the ceiling is registrable).
The infrared heating plates, in addition to the aforementioned on energy saving and comfort, have other advantages:
– It is completely maintenance free, which is another important annual saving in relation to other systems.
– Because they are placed on the roof, give us more useful square meters in the house. We all know that where there is a radiator, you can not put anything in a square meter, so if we have 10 radiators we are taking away from the house 10 square meters of habitability. (What is the value of one square meter of housing in the city where you live?)
– If we move from our house, it is the unique system that we only remove the 4 screws, and we can take it and put it in the new home.